Survival Server Testing and TODO - 1.5.2 Update

A forum specifically for talk about the main survival server.

Moderators: Minecraft Mods, Minecraft Admins

Re: Survival Server Testing and TODO

Postby Nephylim » Thu May 02, 2013 1:31 am

Tested: /kill and /suicide both kill me in God mode when I issued the command on myself, unsure if that changes with who issues the command. Edit: Mods cannot /kill Admins.

Tested: clearlag noted to clear items laying on the ground as expected at regular intervals, does not seem to clear unloaded chunks (good news if you died or dropped something important right before the entity clear, I think)
/lagg clear command untested due to lacking permissions
/lagg check works as expected
/lagg killmobs command untested due to lacking permissions, I dont think we need that one anyway
/lagg reload untested for fear of breaking something that seems to work
/lagg area 50 works perfectly (removes entities in 50 block radius)
/lagg unloadchunks unloaded 432 chunks, does not seem to clear mobs that were in those chunks, but all the tamed animals inside the chunks cleared seem to have dissapeared, unsure if anything else happens, maybe need test to see if it does bad things to automated railways and redstone clocks. I can't see myself ever using the command so if its admins only anyway maybe there's no reason to fuss with it. Edit: the despawning may be fixed now, we discussed it in game
/lagg chunk untested due to lacking permissions
/lagg tpchunk untested due to lacking permissions

Confirmed -can place and destroy blocks while in AFK mode

Exploits that were blocked during testing today:
HighJump, FastBreak, Nuker, Build (pole), NoSwing, Step, WaterWalking (does not always give alert), Xray

Exploits that still worked today:
FastPlace, AutoMine, Chestfinder, Cavefinder, NoSlowdown (run normal speed on slowsand),

Notes on Command Reference:

/exp command is harmless, a tool for the curious, but with xp bottles there's no reason for the other exp entries aside from the very first one on the command reference. its fun knowing exactly how much xp you need for each enchantment level

I'm still looking at the list and trying to compare with what we have in place but it looks like we have everything fairly well sorted out.

EDIT: Acknowledged. I've responded below as this is a big post. I've updated the main post with your findings. Thanks! ~Eagle
Nephylim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Karaktar » Thu May 02, 2013 10:20 am

ok so more testing last night and here are my thoughts

woodcutter not necessarily over powered at high lvls when compared to the other skills however imo the treefeller which combines with the double drop may be alittle to much wasnt able to completely test due to the no cheat interfering ( this only applies to getting real numbers of wood i guestamated instead) but in the initial testing it appears by my calc that if a person was using the skill to farm jungle trees he could achieve up to 2000 wood every 5 min with minimal effort (once all other mats are procured) however this only applies to jungle trees and at or from lvl 1000 - 3000 approx so in my opinion if it was possible i would reccomend either removing double drop while using treefeller or making jungle trees the same as giant oaks ie not effected by tree feller however one also should take into consideration the amount of work required to reach a lvl in woodcutting that would allow such heavy farming and also the other mats required ie saplins 4 for each jungle tree and bonemeal around 5 or 6 for every tree grown so still a fair bit of work required before truly being able to take full advantage of the perk

acrobat i see you have it listed as complete but i will finish my high lvl assessment anyway lol
at lvl 3000 (where you are guaranteed to roll) a fall from a tall jungle tree with no armor is survivable at full health leaving you with 1 and a half hearts of life left i didnt count the block height (sorry) but imo that mean that a good fall into most traps could potentially kill you or at the very least leave you vulnerable to a quick kill (even with dodge) given that this is not a full pvp server and at least not right now and even in pvp falling is not usually a means to kill an opponent i dont see any reason to make any adjustments

other then that all warps now work for me i didnt get a chance to test other ranks but if there is an admin on tonight i can do that also salary appeared to be working as nephy did send me my salary and it was received and i can check greater impact tonight i think

also a little side note just cause im excited im buying a travel trailer today yay picking it up on sat cant wait so pete im all set when ever you want to have eaglecon lol

alright cheers everyone

EDIT - Thanks for the extra checks! Eaglecon 2014! ~Eagle
Still here and Proud. I am the enigma that enigma's hide from. Hard to know impossible to fully comprehend neither here nor there but always where i am needed.
not the alpha or the omega but the omlpha. to know me at all you must know yourself -Kar
Karaktar

Postby EagleRock » Thu May 02, 2013 10:50 am

This is a biggie, so I'm going to go through this one-by-one:

Nephylim wrote:Tested: /kill and /suicide both kill me in God mode when I issued the command on myself, unsure if that changes with who issues the command. Edit: Mods cannot /kill Admins.

That's what I thought. I don't think that bug is real. I'll leave it in the list if someone else can confirm it, though.

Nephylim wrote:Tested: clearlag noted to clear items laying on the ground as expected at regular intervals, does not seem to clear unloaded chunks (good news if you died or dropped something important right before the entity clear, I think)
/lagg clear command untested due to lacking permissions
/lagg check works as expected
/lagg killmobs command untested due to lacking permissions, I dont think we need that one anyway
/lagg reload untested for fear of breaking something that seems to work
/lagg area 50 works perfectly (removes entities in 50 block radius)
/lagg unloadchunks unloaded 432 chunks, does not seem to clear mobs that were in those chunks, but all the tamed animals inside the chunks cleared seem to have dissapeared, unsure if anything else happens, maybe need test to see if it does bad things to automated railways and redstone clocks. I can't see myself ever using the command so if its admins only anyway maybe there's no reason to fuss with it. Edit: the despawning may be fixed now, we discussed it in game
/lagg chunk untested due to lacking permissions
/lagg tpchunk untested due to lacking permissions

This bothers me. You should have had blanked Clearlagg permissions. I literally gave you lagg.*, which is everything in the world lagg has to offer. Let's test later.

Nephylim wrote:Confirmed -can place and destroy blocks while in AFK mode

I was able to place blocks in AFK mode, which I'm okay with. However, when I tried to destroy blocks, it simply took me out of AFK mode (which is intended behavior). Can you confirm that you were taken out of AFK mode when you destroyed the blocks?

Nephylim wrote:Exploits that were blocked during testing today:
HighJump, FastBreak, Nuker, Build (pole), NoSwing, Step, WaterWalking (does not always give alert), Xray

Great news. I've updated the post on this one.

Nephylim wrote:Exploits that still worked today:
FastPlace, AutoMine, Chestfinder, Cavefinder, NoSlowdown (run normal speed on slowsand),

OK, I'll put that on the list as confirmed. These might not be dealbreakers.

Nephylim wrote:Notes on Command Reference:

/exp command is harmless, a tool for the curious, but with xp bottles there's no reason for the other exp entries aside from the very first one on the command reference. its fun knowing exactly how much xp you need for each enchantment level

I'll look into adding the /exp command. I do not believe anyone has access to /xp besides Admins. Thanks for all the updates, Nephy.

Still a ton of work to do, guys! The list of stuff to test is twice as large as it was yesterday. I need all the help I can get!
EagleRock
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Postby Sanctus Terra » Thu May 02, 2013 12:04 pm

Breaking blocks takes me out of AFK mode only if that is the first thing done. If I place a block first and then start breaking, I remain AFK.

EDIT: Thanks for confirming this. It's not that big of an issue, but at least we know it's there.
Bro, u swampin?
Sanctus Terra
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Melany23 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:52 pm

Confirmed-Can /kill users in god mode as an admin

-When in guest mode you cannot move on main map without being kicked for flying-seems fixed
-Something is up with end permission. Pete knows about it

Need to test moderator's ability to promote and demote for new players
works

Need to test new kick/ban/mute notifications, and whether all players should see them, including Guests
Kick and Mute(Mute needs more people to test properly) work ban does not

Fishing (ensure shake is not overpowered, especially)
At level 3k im getting an item every time but all regular items. After 5 rods did not receive a head. I would say not over powered

Ensure party teleportation (/ptp) is not working (It is superfluous to Essentials tping)
You can ptpFixed

EDIT - All acknowledged. Fixed the problems with The End already, and we need to further test mod permissions, as I completely revamped it. Thanks! ~Eagle
BAAAaaaa
Melany23
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Sanctus Terra » Thu May 02, 2013 4:44 pm

Yea anticheats!!
Bro, u swampin?
Sanctus Terra
Veteran
Veteran

Postby SpaceNinja » Thu May 02, 2013 8:59 pm

/more is overpowered. Can duplicate the crap out of stuff

EDIT - Taken away from mods earlier. All set here. Thanks! ~Eagle
U swampin?
SpaceNinja
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Nephylim » Thu May 02, 2013 11:39 pm

I forgot to mention I made a tiny jail named Scenic before I logged off yesterday. I'm at work now and I can't test it but if anyone wants to...its there.

EDIT - Tested. Thanks! ~Eagle
Nephylim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Karaktar » Fri May 03, 2013 7:07 am

heya pete was just looking at population density and saw the antixray plugin from the same guy if you havent take a look at it it might be a more resource efficient method of xray protection also if you get a minute or two if a chest with all the different items needed for ability testing was made on the server i could do more testing without needing to wait for an admin to be around just a thought oh and the firework perm would be nice if mods had that too for congrats or what ever when promoting and shit and just to look neat lol it seems harmless enough imo

thanks

oh and axes checks out but i think you know that and probably just forgot to write it down anyway greater impact is really no diff then the knockback 2 enchantment only its random untill like lvl 100 then its perm on i think but either way its not op just a neat feature

k nuff said see ya

EDIT: oh yeah meant say i like all three of that guys plugins i think the population one would really be a huge benefit later on down the road when we get big and seems like it might eliminate the need for lots of warps
so my 2 cents is get it
k now nuff said

EDIT: Nobody gets the "red edit" thing but me :lol: But seriously, these are great findings. I am seriously considering AntiXray now, as well as the Population Density. In regards to the Greater Impact findings, I'll note them as well. In regards to your items needed for testing, I'll try to spawn you a bunch of good stuff next time we sync up. Once I get an economy plugin going obviously this won't be much of an issue anymore. Thanks! ~Eagle
Still here and Proud. I am the enigma that enigma's hide from. Hard to know impossible to fully comprehend neither here nor there but always where i am needed.
not the alpha or the omega but the omlpha. to know me at all you must know yourself -Kar
Karaktar

Postby Karaktar » Sat May 04, 2013 2:27 pm

ok um was going to read up on vamperism and hardcore mode but there were lots of different plugins for this stuff i need more info like if there were a specific plugin for each that was under consideration maybe a link to them the vampire ones i found were like to turn into a vampire which i dont think fits us maybe one that adds vamps to the nether as an additional mob/boss or one that is like a skill gained and used to drain life from opponents that might fit

also hardcore modes i saw involved perma ban on death or ban on death imo this would be a server killer i think loss of items on death is penalty enough the only addition i could see added to that imo would a scoring system for pvp maybe with a fighter rank system which would allow access to better weapons but if we were to go that way i think an arena placed somewhere in the main world would be more appropriate and have the ranks and better armor and weapons available there and only for there with maybe a payout or something for winning but that's kinda old Rome stuff and again not sure if it really fits with the over feel of this server at least the way it has been thus far not to say its not worth exploring and of course one has to look at the extra config work and server side testing this would demand as well as all the possible exploits and yeah

at this time i think its probably not worth looking at at least not till we have a larger player base and if we even get a player base that enjoys pvp as at this time pvp is a small almost non exsistant feature of minecraft that in my exp everyone pretty much ignores

EDIT - I EDIT - LIKE EDIT - RED LOL LOL LOL LOL :lol:

also i found that no cheat is preventing instant break of leaves which is a skill in woodcutter its a passive one which means at a high lvl its always on
Karaktar

PreviousNext

Return to Survival Server Forum