Survival Server Testing and TODO - 1.5.2 Update

A forum specifically for talk about the main survival server.

Moderators: Minecraft Mods, Minecraft Admins

Re: Survival Server Testing and TODO

Postby EagleRock » Mon May 06, 2013 4:43 pm

Zackblaze164 wrote:Hey guys i'm just wondering if I could get whitelisted lol sorry if I missed the format for the request or somthing.

Close enough, lol. Whitelisted.
EagleRock
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Postby EagleRock » Mon May 06, 2013 4:44 pm

Sanctus Terra wrote:Yes I help test these, made sure I was the one opening stuff. Mod Override seemed to be working fine too according to what Tim was telling me.

That's good enough for me, then. I only have a handful of LWC tests left, then. Thanks!
EagleRock
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Postby pfleegore » Mon May 06, 2013 8:24 pm

Master rank doesn't seem to be able to create shops. Tried in several locations and it consistently tells me "[Shop] You can't create shop here!". I am able to buy and sell from existing shops.

EDIT - I'll have to test that later and figure out what's going on. Thanks for the heads-up! ~Eagle
pfleegore
Sportin' Wood
Sportin' Wood

Postby pfleegore » Mon May 06, 2013 8:47 pm

Frameprotect seems to have issues for the Master rank as well. Open could use the commands but any commands I tried just referred me to "/fp help".

Side note, i feel racist when i type the Master rank.

EDIT - This is all very strange to me. I could've sworn I set up these permissions properly. I will test further later. ~Eagle

By the way, your side note is just your hate swelling within you. :)
pfleegore
Sportin' Wood
Sportin' Wood

Postby Openminded » Mon May 06, 2013 11:03 pm

Check for major bugs/problems. - Need admins to test
See if there are other considerations for WorldEdit use

Looks good, nothing major I can discover. I don't see us using the in depth items often, and the copy paste and the prefab shapes all work as intended. area set and replace also work well.

I think WE will work well for your houses for the wilds, once you are happy with them, and I think it will work for city fill in. we also could take suggestions for things that are publicly provided to be picked by users to be moved into the server ( ie there is one of the white house - preloaded with tnt I believe)
one use on MP I saw that was interesting is the server mods gave you a "house" of logs, it was the size you got of a cube of logs, you didn't need to farm trees, you just "cut" into your house like a hobbit.

Or cut the thing down to the grond and started fresh on your "lot"

EDIT - Thanks for the considerations. I think I can now consider WorldEdit a tested and completed plugin. In regards to your "moving the house" stuff, I might make that a fee-based service, either Talons or real money. We can discuss later. Thanks! ~Eagle
Openminded
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Nephylim » Tue May 07, 2013 9:47 am

Tested:

I looked at the list of op commands and do not feel that I am unable to do anything that I should be able to do. It is however hard to know for sure because my hours are so weird and I'm usually online alone.

When I arrived at the end there were two dragons and at least one missing chunk. Trying to walk into missing chunks generates a few different no cheat warnings. After /end regen the missing chunks seem to be fixed.

/end regen -works as expected, respawned the end including all the little things you have to kill to kill the dragon, ported me to Aquilia spawn after using command while in the end.
/end respawn - respawned dragon as expected but did not respawn the things that heal him (expected behavior i think)

Frameprotect: Works beautifully against creepers and nukes! Still need to test if they are protected from other players. Frames stay put pretty much no matter what I throw at them but in two different places I had paintings disappear and I have no idea why, the first time they disappeared while I had my back turned, the 2nd time I was afk reading the forum. I tried really hard to make them disappear a 3rd time, but after I came back from posting that I failed, all the paintings I had placed were gone again. Realized that paintings are cleared as an entity during /lagg clear! After /lagg clear a painting can be placed on top of an item frame, removing the painting does allow removal of item frame afterwards. I don't know if protection is affected.

Coreprotect: I saw alerts about Zack breaking iron and redstone earlier, not sure what world he was in but we know at least that its reporting redstone and iron somewhere.

Input: I dont feel like there's a reason to go outside the world border, if we needed to build outside the border we could just expand it, right? It might be fun to override it if we ever had a reason to but I can't see a reason to mess with it while the world is new and shiny.

Time for me to sleep. Tomorrow I'll pick a few more things off the list to test.

EDIT - Thanks for the work. I'm responding below, as I have a lot to say. Thanks! ~Eagle
Nephylim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby EagleRock » Tue May 07, 2013 1:10 pm

Nephylim wrote:Tested:

Thanks for all the updates. I can see there was some heavy-lifting here, and I appreciate all the help!

Nephylim wrote:I looked at the list of op commands and do not feel that I am unable to do anything that I should be able to do. It is however hard to know for sure because my hours are so weird and I'm usually online alone.

This is very good. The admins have been online for a few days without OP privileges and there was no issues with it that I could see. I am going to consider this issue tested and done for now. In the event that any admin is missing powers they believe they should have, just give me a heads-up and we can address it accordingly.

Nephylim wrote:When I arrived at the end there were two dragons and at least one missing chunk. Trying to walk into missing chunks generates a few different no cheat warnings. After /end regen the missing chunks seem to be fixed.

If I am not mistaken, I believe this was caused by me having two end regeneration plugins running at the same time. As such, we will call it an anomaly for now and re-address it if it recurs.

Nephylim wrote:/end regen -works as expected, respawned the end including all the little things you have to kill to kill the dragon, ported me to Aquilia spawn after using command while in the end.
/end respawn - respawned dragon as expected but did not respawn the things that heal him (expected behavior i think)

This is excellent news! The commands you tested were in fact behaving as expected (or, as Open is getting stuck in our heads, WAI). I think this plugin is working great for now, and will go live with it.

Nephylim wrote:Frameprotect: Works beautifully against creepers and nukes! Still need to test if they are protected from other players. Frames stay put pretty much no matter what I throw at them but in two different places I had paintings disappear and I have no idea why, the first time they disappeared while I had my back turned, the 2nd time I was afk reading the forum. I tried really hard to make them disappear a 3rd time, but after I came back from posting that I failed, all the paintings I had placed were gone again.

Unfortunately, the plugin you were testing by having creepers not explode stuff was actually WorldGuard. I migrated from EssentialsProtect to WorldGuard, which has more robust world protection. As such, I have protected all paintings and item frames from mobs and explosions (with the exception of TNT).

Nephylim wrote:Realized that paintings are cleared as an entity during /lagg clear! After /lagg clear a painting can be placed on top of an item frame, removing the painting does allow removal of item frame afterwards. I don't know if protection is affected.

This bothers me big time. I'm going to have to test this more extensively and reproduce. Adding to the buglist.

Nephylim wrote:Coreprotect: I saw alerts about Zack breaking iron and redstone earlier, not sure what world he was in but we know at least that its reporting redstone and iron somewhere.

That was actually as result of WorldGuard. Those alerts are more of an administrative "heads-up" to say "hey, maybe we should check what this guy is doing." I included ores because if we get an x-rayer that's mining ores very quickly, we can tp to them and see what they're up to.

Nephylim wrote:Input: I dont feel like there's a reason to go outside the world border, if we needed to build outside the border we could just expand it, right? It might be fun to override it if we ever had a reason to but I can't see a reason to mess with it while the world is new and shiny.

Yes, we can expand the border whenever we want. I wasn't thinking to go outside the border for personal use...more if we want to expand somewhere temporarily for some administrative reason, or if we wanted to get cute and build a huge wall around the world or something. But I guess your point is made...mods don't need to go outside the world border. Thanks!
EagleRock
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Postby Melany23 » Wed May 08, 2013 8:24 pm

Ensure Moderators can do CoreProtect inspections and lookups (/co inspect and /co lookup) - Needs Testing

Tested works well as mod (need to look up how to look for specifics in the logs. it logs EVERYTHING)

Ensure Admins have full rights to CoreProtect, except for /co purge

rollback-works
restore-works
reload-works
version-works
inspect-woks
lookup-works

EDIT - All acknowledged. Great news. Thanks! ~Eagle
BAAAaaaa
Melany23
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Openminded » Fri May 10, 2013 1:42 am

I tested with 2 paintings and 2 frames, both frames had a item in it, and one painting overlapped a frame.
I waited for a lagg clear via time, and did a manual lagg clear, and no painting disappeared.

will test with /afk and out of chunk.

Edit: I am unable to dupe this. what server were you on melany?
Openminded
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Nephylim » Fri May 10, 2013 5:20 am

Yeah, I got really bored while my internet was out...Image

Nephylim
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Survival Server Forum