Survival Server Testing and TODO - 1.5.2 Update

A forum specifically for talk about the main survival server.

Moderators: Minecraft Mods, Minecraft Admins

Re: Survival Server Testing and TODO

Postby EagleRock » Sat May 04, 2013 7:26 pm

Karaktar wrote:ok um was going to read up on vamperism and hardcore mode but there were lots of different plugins for this stuff i need more info like if there were a specific plugin for each that was under consideration maybe a link to them the vampire ones i found were like to turn into a vampire which i dont think fits us maybe one that adds vamps to the nether as an additional mob/boss or one that is like a skill gained and used to drain life from opponents that might fit

also hardcore modes i saw involved perma ban on death or ban on death imo this would be a server killer i think loss of items on death is penalty enough the only addition i could see added to that imo would a scoring system for pvp maybe with a fighter rank system which would allow access to better weapons but if we were to go that way i think an arena placed somewhere in the main world would be more appropriate and have the ranks and better armor and weapons available there and only for there with maybe a payout or something for winning but that's kinda old Rome stuff and again not sure if it really fits with the over feel of this server at least the way it has been thus far not to say its not worth exploring and of course one has to look at the extra config work and server side testing this would demand as well as all the possible exploits and yeah

at this time i think its probably not worth looking at at least not till we have a larger player base and if we even get a player base that enjoys pvp as at this time pvp is a small almost non exsistant feature of minecraft that in my exp everyone pretty much ignores

EDIT - I EDIT - LIKE EDIT - RED LOL LOL LOL LOL :lol:

also i found that no cheat is preventing instant break of leaves which is a skill in woodcutter its a passive one which means at a high lvl its always on

It's part of MCMMO. Hardcore makes you lose XP when you die, and Vampirism lets you sap XP from people when you kill them.
EagleRock
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Postby Karaktar » Sun May 05, 2013 12:27 am

ok i have looked and looked and i finally found a little info on vamperism and hardcore but it has only just been added and probably still quite buggy at least that seems to be the general consensus however from i did read i dont see any reason not to add it as it does look interesting and would fit well with what we have so far in mcmmo

so my vote is after everything is configured and working try it out and see if it works bug free if not scrap it till it is better i wouldnt imo waste a bunch of time trying to make it work if it doesnt work right off the hop minus of course what ever little config might be required and of course the perms

ok i leaving for home tomorrow and looks like i gotta hop in a truck right away so for the next couple weeks i might not be on as much at least till all my drivers get back

k i think that all for now lol

oh wait yeah i tried to test admin chat but had no perms

EDIT - Thanks for the input on mcmmo. I'll hold off for now. I fixed adminchat yesterday so your rights should work now. Thanks! ~Eagle
Still here and Proud. I am the enigma that enigma's hide from. Hard to know impossible to fully comprehend neither here nor there but always where i am needed.
not the alpha or the omega but the omlpha. to know me at all you must know yourself -Kar
Karaktar

Postby Melany23 » Sun May 05, 2013 12:30 am

Unarmed
Disarm(noob move)Edit

Allows players to disarm other players, dropping the target's equipped item on the ground.

The chance to disarm is 0.03333% times a player's current skill level in Unarmed and can go up to a maximum of 33.33% at level 1000.
I personally dont like this, but I guess if you are in the nether you know someone can take your stuff.

it can also become stronger than a diamond sword at high levels (However, unlike the sword, you cannot benefit of the enchantments Fire Aspect and Knockback.)
At level 1k it only takes one heart hitting another player, at level 1k I can kill a mob with 3 hits with my fist. I do not believe this is over powered.

Archery-Daze only works on people like it should, at 1k it was happening 1 out of 3 hits. At level 1k I can kill mobs in one shot. If you spend the time to get it to 1k I do not think this is over powered at all. Works as intended

EDIT - Acknowleged and responses are below. Thanks! ~Eagle
BAAAaaaa
Melany23
Administrator
Administrator

Postby EagleRock » Sun May 05, 2013 10:14 am

Melany23 wrote:Unarmed
Disarm(noob move)Edit

Allows players to disarm other players, dropping the target's equipped item on the ground.

The chance to disarm is 0.03333% times a player's current skill level in Unarmed and can go up to a maximum of 33.33% at level 1000.
I personally dont like this, but I guess if you are in the nether you know someone can take your stuff.

it can also become stronger than a diamond sword at high levels (However, unlike the sword, you cannot benefit of the enchantments Fire Aspect and Knockback.)
At level 1k it only takes one heart hitting another player, at level 1k I can kill a mob with 3 hits with my fist. I do not believe this is over powered.

Archery-Daze only works on people like it should, at 1k it was happening 1 out of 3 hits. At level 1k I can kill mobs in one shot. If you spend the time to get it to 1k I do not think this is over powered at all. Works as intended

I think the unarmed skill is annoying enough to level up, personally. Consider fighting mobs unarmed enough to get to level 1000. And yes, pvp is only enabled in the nether or towns that specifically enable it. I will probably have a fighting arena in Capitol too so i domt care if people level up for that. Its going to end up as a pvm thing otherwise. Great catch though!

The archery skill is fine. Open tested it too and had the same conclusion. I consider both of those skills good to go for rollout.
EagleRock
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Postby Sanctus Terra » Sun May 05, 2013 4:47 pm

Party system checks out, share stuff and all.
Exp is very cool if you want to team up with people and get all your skills up without having to do everything.\
Item sharing is kind of dumb in my opinion, but to each their own, you dont have to turn it on. (off by default)

EDIT - Thanks for checking this out. The item sharing is okay to have as long as its off by default. ~Eagle
Bro, u swampin?
Sanctus Terra
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Openminded » Sun May 05, 2013 10:50 pm

Admins need to be able to change a user's salary bracket as needed - Need admins to test
/econ bracket addmember <bracket> <member>
/econ bracket removemember <bracket> <member>
/econ bracket setmultiplier <bracket> <member> <multiplier> (This is for donors who get a 2x money multiplier as opposed to the default 1x)
NOTE: use "/econ bracket list" for the bracket names

These commands work at this time as an admin.

EDIT - Thanks for the confirmation. I saw your commands in the logs. Looks great. ~Eagle
Openminded
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SpaceNinja » Mon May 06, 2013 7:46 am

All LWC commands tested, working accordingly and no bugs were found. could use some other people to run through the list of /lwc commands and test them as well. (make sure the person testing's rank is below moderator. Unless you're testing the overrides)

EDIT - Thanks for the testing. My responses are below. ~Eagle
U swampin?
SpaceNinja
Veteran
Veteran

Postby EagleRock » Mon May 06, 2013 12:26 pm

SpaceNinja wrote:All LWC commands tested, working accordingly and no bugs were found. could use some other people to run through the list of /lwc commands and test them as well. (make sure the person testing's rank is below moderator. Unless you're testing the overrides)

I have a few questions for you for clarifications:

1) Didn't Josh test these out as well? Wouldn't he have been able to test the commands in a non-mod/admin position? If not, let me know.

2) I did want mod overrides tested as well. It involves entering all locked chests (besides an admin's), and being able to override a lock on a non-mod/admin chest using either /lwc remove or /lwc forceowner.

I'll add both for additional confirmations before I sign off on LWC. Thanks for the testing, though!
EagleRock
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Postby Zackblaze164 » Mon May 06, 2013 3:23 pm

Hey guys i'm just wondering if I could get whitelisted lol sorry if I missed the format for the request or somthing.
Zackblaze164
Sportin' Wood
Sportin' Wood

Postby Sanctus Terra » Mon May 06, 2013 3:35 pm

EagleRock wrote:
SpaceNinja wrote:All LWC commands tested, working accordingly and no bugs were found. could use some other people to run through the list of /lwc commands and test them as well. (make sure the person testing's rank is below moderator. Unless you're testing the overrides)

I have a few questions for you for clarifications:

1) Didn't Josh test these out as well? Wouldn't he have been able to test the commands in a non-mod/admin position? If not, let me know.

2) I did want mod overrides tested as well. It involves entering all locked chests (besides an admin's), and being able to override a lock on a non-mod/admin chest using either /lwc remove or /lwc forceowner.

I'll add both for additional confirmations before I sign off on LWC. Thanks for the testing, though!

Yes I help test these, made sure I was the one opening stuff. Mod Override seemed to be working fine too according to what Tim was telling me.
Bro, u swampin?
Sanctus Terra
Veteran
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Survival Server Forum