Survival Server Testing and TODO - 1.5.2 Update

A forum specifically for talk about the main survival server.

Moderators: Minecraft Mods, Minecraft Admins

Re: Survival Server Testing and TODO

Postby Karaktar » Sat May 11, 2013 11:15 pm

Looks great neph just wondering tho since your so good at that how about putting number 3 on a sign thingy ma bob
And having an eagle with stretched out wings grabbing it or maybe have an eagle in landing like look with it written across his wings and chest

Just a couple thoughts I had
Still here and Proud. I am the enigma that enigma's hide from. Hard to know impossible to fully comprehend neither here nor there but always where i am needed.
not the alpha or the omega but the omlpha. to know me at all you must know yourself -Kar
Karaktar

Postby EagleRock » Sun May 12, 2013 10:11 am

Damn, nephy...that looks awesome!

By the way, just in case you were interested, you don't have to be restricted to that size. I can specify whatever size I want, so if you want to make it taller or wider it'll work.

I'm going to try the animated one, assuming .gif will work with this template. I'm pretty sure it accepts .png and .gif though.

And Kar, in regards to /lwc forceowner, I did test it. It's called /lwc admin forceowner, though, so you're not crazy. I just typo'd. Thanks!
EagleRock
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Postby Openminded » Sun May 12, 2013 9:45 pm

Fully test Administrators for being able to work on the Global Shop (it's the admin shop command, but you need to type "Global Shop" on the sign instead of "Admin Shop")

able to make shops.
able to destroy shops.
able to buy and sell shops.
Confirmed with a solid hour of testing that "admin shop" doesn't make a global shop.. also .. the next player named "admin shop" has a couple hundred talons to their name.

EDIT - All acknowledged. I wasn't necessarily concerned that "admin shop" does not make a global shop, I just wanted to make sure you knew the name change so you could actually make the shop chests. Either way, great news. Thanks! ~Eagle
Openminded
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Openminded » Sun May 12, 2013 9:58 pm

Ensure the test economy webpage is logging Global Shop statistics (Link here) - Needs Testing (and tweaking)

it is logging both personal shops and global shop

EDIT - Acknowledged. I need to tweak to see how long to keep the prices in. I'm thinking one week, but the config is very vague and I don't even know what unit of time the value is. I may need further help testing this if I can't figure that out. I'll let you know. Thanks! ~Eagle
Openminded
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Openminded » Sun May 12, 2013 10:56 pm

Ensure all members are assigned a plot in Vitala (e.g. "Redstone")
I can confirm I started here.

Check you can use /whichregion to see where your home region is (as a normal user)
confirmed

From /spawn, check that /homeregion works and brings you to your home region
confirmed

Check that you can /movein to a new region (when we get multiple regions)
confirmed

Check that /visitregion and /invitetoregion do NOT work (unneeded with /tpa and /tpahere)
/visitregion WORKS
/invitetoregion untested

Check that admins can administrate the plugin (/addregion, etc.)
confirmed
added new region for testing

death brings you to server spawn, not region spawn.

/newestregion is not allowed.

EDIT - All acknowledged...I need further testing as a non-admin, but this is good for now. Thanks! ~Eagle
Openminded
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Nephylim » Mon May 13, 2013 12:26 am

Karaktar wrote:Looks great neph just wondering tho since your so good at that how about putting number 3 on a sign thingy ma bob
And having an eagle with stretched out wings grabbing it or maybe have an eagle in landing like look with it written across his wings and chest

Just a couple thoughts I had

I can do text but I'm pretty hopeless with actual art. I'm curious though...why a number 3?

Pete, I'm really excited to get home from work now that I know I can make a bigger banner, you can do so much more with bigger text, lol.
Nephylim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Karaktar » Mon May 13, 2013 1:53 am

lol neph i wrote that completely wrong i meant the third banner you posted ie the bottom one with animation lol i see now how that was confusing lol i wrote that right before bed and was very tired sorry for the confusion
if i had time i would try my ideas but im working filling in for missing drivers
besides your doing great stuff with out help from the peanut gallery lol so keep it up i cant wait to see your bigger designs
Still here and Proud. I am the enigma that enigma's hide from. Hard to know impossible to fully comprehend neither here nor there but always where i am needed.
not the alpha or the omega but the omlpha. to know me at all you must know yourself -Kar
Karaktar

Postby EagleRock » Mon May 13, 2013 9:52 am

Nephy,

Glad to hear you're excited about the larger logo! Note that you should keep it less than 900 pixels wide, though, otherwise it might not look right.

To everyone else,

I STILL NEED TESTING! I'm getting told that people don't have anything to test. There are still plugins that need testing, and plenty of yellow lines. Everything is updated on that page, so if it says it needs testing...it needs testing. I'm working my ass off on all the documentation for this so we're ready to go, and I don't even really have time to be on the server, so I need your help on this. Thanks!
EagleRock
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Postby Sanctus Terra » Mon May 13, 2013 1:05 pm

Population density from the top.

/whichregion doesn't tell me where my home region is just which region I'm in. (Could I be doing it wrong?)

/homeregion brings me to Morningthaw, I'm guessing that is my assigned home region, but it works from spawn.

/movein works as intended, (tested with the redstone region)

/invitetoregion and /visitregion are both still fully functional. (tested with poasttoasties)

EDIT - Great updates. Thanks! ~Eagle
Bro, u swampin?
Sanctus Terra
Veteran
Veteran

Postby pfleegore » Tue May 14, 2013 12:38 am

Did a bit of playing with the resolution of Dynmap and setup some stuff just south of the spawn. As long as you zoom in all the way I think things look pretty good. Some textures are better than others (netherrack is pretty awful) and a few are hard to tell apart (cobble vs gravel) but for being a web based map of ingame I think its doing a awfully good job.

Few things I did notice while doing this. First, the surface map actually gets dark when its night time on the server, I don't recall the other server doing that. Not sure if its working as intended or we want it changed, just an observation. Second is really not all that related to resolution, but when clearing a flat piece of ground I felt like I got a sizable amount of glowstone dust, just flattening that area out I got a full stack. I seem to remember the stuff not being cheap in the global shop so its probably worth keeping an eye on it in case the price needs tweaking.
pfleegore
Sportin' Wood
Sportin' Wood

PreviousNext

Return to Survival Server Forum