Survival Server Testing and TODO - 1.5.2 Update

A forum specifically for talk about the main survival server.

Moderators: Minecraft Mods, Minecraft Admins

Re: Survival Server Testing and TODO

Postby EagleRock » Tue May 14, 2013 1:13 pm

pfleegore wrote:Did a bit of playing with the resolution of Dynmap and setup some stuff just south of the spawn. As long as you zoom in all the way I think things look pretty good. Some textures are better than others (netherrack is pretty awful) and a few are hard to tell apart (cobble vs gravel) but for being a web based map of ingame I think its doing a awfully good job.

Few things I did notice while doing this. First, the surface map actually gets dark when its night time on the server, I don't recall the other server doing that. Not sure if its working as intended or we want it changed, just an observation. Second is really not all that related to resolution, but when clearing a flat piece of ground I felt like I got a sizable amount of glowstone dust, just flattening that area out I got a full stack. I seem to remember the stuff not being cheap in the global shop so its probably worth keeping an eye on it in case the price needs tweaking.

I think I will keep the Dynmap at the resolution it is at now. Note that the Vitalia map has a much lower resolution, as I feel it less necessary. The Aquilia map I'll leave for now. If I feel it restricting, I can always pump up the resolution in the future. In the meantime, we'll save on render time and disk space.

Note the map day/night is WAI. I spent a while configuring Dynmap this time, and I added a bunch of things compared to the old maps we had. I think it is a nice touch. Note that the overhead map is always daytime, so you always have a lighted point of reference if necessary.

As far as your glowstone findings, I tend to agree. I am going to probably leave the price as-is, but drop the rate of drop in mcMMO. It'll still be a valuable drop, but will happen less often to keep the server economy from blowing up.
EagleRock
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Postby Sanctus Terra » Fri May 24, 2013 10:27 pm

Status update? If there is anything else in the way of starting up besides stuff that you need to take care of, I'd be happy to help out.
Bro, u swampin?
Sanctus Terra
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Nephylim » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:43 am

I know its not really in testing anymore but this seems like a good place to put a bug report.

The /econ top5 command does not correctly list the top 5 most wealthy players, Revith has many times more than the top person on the list and does not show up.

Revith reported not being able to use any of the kits listed in the blog post under server ranks for architect. (More kits: ironpick, noms, and armor)
Nephylim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby EagleRock » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:59 am

Okay, it's fixed.

The problem with him not showing up was some chicanery needed with the economy plugin. I wanted to exclude people who connected to the server, but he was in the default bracket as well. I think I fixed it by locking down the default group, but we'll see from here.

As far as the groups, the configs were right, but the website was not. I had the Architect and Artisan kits swapped. So, he should be good now.

Note that the Help Desk forum is the perfect place to put this kinda stuff. I really should lock this thread down.
EagleRock
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Previous

Return to Survival Server Forum