Theft/Griefing - DanielMcCaffrey's Enchanting Table

Forum for documenting all server bans and reprimands.

Moderators: Minecraft Mods, Minecraft Admins

Theft/Griefing - DanielMcCaffrey's Enchanting Table

Postby EagleRock » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:23 pm

On 6/20 in the evening, Daniel reported to me that he was missing his enchanting table and the bookshelves surrounding it. This was located in his mining area in Vitalia.

After quick inspection, it was clear that kingkiller809908 was the culprit, as he was the one that broke the blocks in question.

After determining this was the case, it was clear and evident that kingkiller took these knowing fully they were not his. As I was unaware if there were other items he stole, I made the decision to roll back everything he has ever done on the server.

Steps Taken: I have done a /co rollback on everything kingkiller has done. I have also revoked his Initiate rights.

Next steps: Input from the Eagleworld Staff requested. Considering he is an Initiate, I am hesitant to allow him to continue on the server. However, I am open to suggestions.

I will wait for him to come online next and confront him about the issue. A confession might warrant a second chance, but he will have to start again from scratch.
EagleRock
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Re: Theft/Griefing - DanielMcCaffrey's Enchanting Table

Postby SpaceNinja » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:07 pm

Seems as an initiate he should be given a second chance. Though if he denies the fact he stole it or gets rude about it "I didn't know it was someones!" He should be banned. If he has the balls to just come out and admit fully to stealing it I'd say that's worthy of a second chance.
U swampin?
SpaceNinja
Veteran
Veteran

Postby EagleRock » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:36 pm

SpaceNinja wrote:Seems as an initiate he should be given a second chance. Though if he denies the fact he stole it or gets rude about it "I didn't know it was someones!" He should be banned. If he has the balls to just come out and admit fully to stealing it I'd say that's worthy of a second chance.

Thanks for your input. My concern is that if you're willing to do this shit so early into being on the server, it won't get better over time, it'll just get worse. We did, after all, make him read the rules, and I think the anti-theft and anti-griefing rules are very clear. My initial thoughts is this should be a bannable offense. I don't see how there could be lack of intent to grief or steal.
EagleRock
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Postby Openminded » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:11 pm

I think he has proven the point of the initiate program and has failed to be overburdened with a complete set of morals and I welcome him to explore non eagleworld servers as I intend to smite him, troll him, and co rollback everything he does if given a second chance.

:P
Openminded
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Sanctus Terra » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:46 pm

That enchanting table is important to all of us, ban him!!!!!

But in all seriousness I tend to agree with Pete on this one. Habits like stealing and greefing die hard when it comes to younger kids and MC. Ultimately my stand is first a greefer, always a greefer. If he doesnt have enough respect to leave peoples stuff alone in the first place, he wont learn respect by playing MC. He can find another server.
Bro, u swampin?
Sanctus Terra
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Karaktar » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:31 am

hey havent been around much i know but i guess i should throw in my 2 cents

in a case like this if he admits guilt and acknowledges his bad behavior imo a temp ban for say a week or 2 would suffice along with starting from scratch as a first offense sentence i personally believe that reform is always possible when proper disciplinary action is taken

my main reason for what im sure others will say is a weak sentence is the amount of damage done rather minimal compared to full on griefing now im not saying that makes it ok but i believe the punishment should fit the crime also i say this not knowing of any extenuating circumstances ie he broke it on accident got scared and hoped no one would notice or was pissed off or otherwise felt wronged by Daniel neither example makes the act ok but does mitigate the amount of malice behind the act
he should also be made to make amends in someway with the victim perhaps a fine levied against him and given to the victim

mind you in this scenario before he returns it should also be made clear any further trouble and he will be perm banned without appeal

if he denies despite the clear evidence against him then ban him greifing and lying about it is a clear indicator or lack of scruples a mature person admits his mistakes and accepts responsibility and disciplinary action without question
Still here and Proud. I am the enigma that enigma's hide from. Hard to know impossible to fully comprehend neither here nor there but always where i am needed.
not the alpha or the omega but the omlpha. to know me at all you must know yourself -Kar
Karaktar

Postby SpaceNinja » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:26 am

Sanctus Terra wrote:That enchanting table is important to all of us, ban him!!!!!

But in all seriousness I tend to agree with Pete on this one. Habits like stealing and greefing die hard when it comes to younger kids and MC. Ultimately my stand is first a greefer, always a greefer. If he doesnt have enough respect to leave peoples stuff alone in the first place, he wont learn respect by playing MC. He can find another server.

Well said.
U swampin?
SpaceNinja
Veteran
Veteran

Return to Server Bans/Reprimands