New Survival Server - Generate Structures?

Got a suggestion for the server, the forum, or the FAQs? Post it here!

Moderator: Minecraft Admins

New Survival Server - Generate Structures?

Postby Sanctus Terra » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:36 pm

How about no prespawned buildings on the build world, like mines and temples and stuff.
What do you guys think of that?

NOTE: I've split this topic off the original one because I think this warrants its own thread for discussion. ~Eagle
Bro, u swampin?
Sanctus Terra
Veteran
Veteran

Re: New Survival Server

Postby SpaceNinja » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:24 pm

Sanctus Terra wrote:How about no prespawned buildings on the build world, like mines and temples and stuff.

Sounds good to me
U swampin?
SpaceNinja
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Radio » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:28 am

Sanctus Terra wrote:How about no prespawned buildings on the build world, like mines and temples and stuff.

I see no problem with that, though in doing so I'd have to ask the complex question of why?
Radio
Survivin' the Night
Survivin' the Night

Postby EagleRock » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:28 am

I guess you'd have to explain to me why you're suggesting this, because I can't see any reason why this would benefit the server. The worst thing about the buildings is that sometimes the roads and the lay of the land in villages is a little weird, but all it does is give more resource to people for the taking, and potentially giving somebody a home to use, such as a stronghold or a temple.

Care to elaborate?
EagleRock
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Postby Sanctus Terra » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:20 am

Well if we have a world for resource gathering already, prespawned buildings might just get in the way. The example I was thinking of is if someone was making something underground and there is a giant mine complex cluttering up the place.
Just an idea, would like to hear some opinions.
Bro, u swampin?
Sanctus Terra
Veteran
Veteran

New Survival Server

Postby EagleRock » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:16 pm

Sanctus Terra wrote:Well if we have a world for resource gathering already, prespawned buildings might just get in the way. The example I was thinking of is if someone was making something underground and there is a giant mine complex cluttering up the place.
Just an idea, would like to hear some opinions.

Ah, I get your point now. Only thing I was thinking is that some people might actually choose to live in one of these structures. For example, strongholds are a pretty awesome place to live, as long as you're careful of the silverfish and light up the place accordingly. I can see how mine shafts could be a pain in the ass, but something tells me if they come across a chest with some diamonds and stuff, they won't complain.

Also, at least in my experience, having a large cave and stuff underground when I'm clearing off stuff helps me tremendously. It's less you have to clear out, and if anything, gives you a place to explore. I'd like more people to weigh-in on this, though. I'm still leaning towards keeping the structures (it also keeps villagers around and lets you trade with them, which might be advantageous, especially with iConomy), but I'm willing to hear other opinions.
EagleRock
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Re: New Survival Server - Generate Structures?

Postby SpaceNinja » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:23 pm

Now that you mention it I guess it does help quite a bit sometimes. Really the only thing I don't like out of all of those is the mine shafts due to the insane randomness and expansiveness. Not sure if there's a way to turn off those specifically or not. Just an idea.
U swampin?
SpaceNinja
Veteran
Veteran

Re: New Survival Server - Generate Structures?

Postby Openminded » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:43 pm

I like the villages, for a few reasons:

1 I need to hide from a creeper. would rather it took out a NPC house.
2 Free carrots
3 ???????
4 Profit ( cause I can trade with NPCs )
Openminded
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Suggestion Box