The future of the Tekkit Server

Got a suggestion for the server, the forum, or the FAQs? Post it here!

Moderator: Minecraft Admins

How do you feel about this idea?

I like the idea of Tekkit being the "trusted" server along side the survival server
100%
I think the Tekkit server should be our one and only server! To hell with survival!
No votes
I think we should get rid of Tekkit completely! Let's just go with survival!
No votes
I think you're nuts! Here's what I think we should do instead! (Comment below with your idea)
No votes

Total votes : 7

The future of the Tekkit Server

Postby EagleRock » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:48 pm

My Ideas for our Tekkit Server

A lot of people have different opinions about Tekkit...should it stay, should it go, should we update, what's going on? Well, there are two camps from what I see: people who want Tekkit to stay, and people who favor a semi-survival Minecraft server like it used to be. My question is this:

But seriously, why not both?

My idea is that the Tekkit server will stay as it is for now, and I will work on the survival server. The survival server will be the primary server of Eagleworld that people will join when they first start. The Tekkit server will be a premium server for players that has a whitelist. As players rank up, they will eventually reach a trusted rank (TBD) that will grant them permission to apply for the Tekkit server and get whitelisted. Your ranks will be shared between the servers, of course.

As far as currently players, don't worry: every current member of Eagleworld will have access to Tekkit.

As far as chat, I will use my IRC server to set up a inter-server chat, so people on the survival server can chat with people on the Tekkit server, and vice versa.

As far as updating Tekkit, I want to first get the new Survival server going, get that stable, start to advertise, then start working on the Tekkit Lite rollout. So we will get the latest stuff on Tekkit eventually, once the new worlds are started.

As far as moderation and administration, all mods and admins will be responsible for both servers, but they will have their specialties. For example, someone like Karaktar or Nephylim, who is a Tekkit buff, will specialize in the Tekkit server more (as they have expertise on the plugins there), while someone like Melany or Sanctus (who prefer the economy plugins and Townymod), will specialize in the survival server.

This solution I think is best, as it allows players who want high-tech stuff play on Tekkit, but gives us a Survival server with Towny, an economy, leveling up (through MCMMO, Levelcraft, or the like), and the old-school Eagleworld play-style some people are looking for.

Let me know what you think by voting and making a comment below. Thanks!
EagleRock
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Re: The future of the Tekkit Server

Postby SpaceNinja » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:40 pm

Yes! Classic Eagleworld! :D
U swampin?
SpaceNinja
Veteran
Veteran

Re: The future of the Tekkit Server

Postby Radio » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:24 pm

Gives players more of a choice, and the ones who aren't comfortable with Tekkit and the ones who want a bit more out of Minecraft can frolic in their respected relaxing environments. Is pretty good to mee.
Radio
Survivin' the Night
Survivin' the Night

Return to Suggestion Box