Concerning Shops

Got a suggestion for the server, the forum, or the FAQs? Post it here!

Moderator: Minecraft Admins

Concerning Shops

Postby Sanctus Terra » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:37 pm

When buying or selling a lot of something at once (many stacks), the notification that you cant break a sign is also spammed and makes it really hard to read chat if anyone says anything in between. Think there might be away to do away with that notice in just shops?
Bro, u swampin?
Sanctus Terra
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Concerning Shops

Postby Melany23 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:12 am

Hold shift, you will buy a stack.
BAAAaaaa
Melany23
Administrator
Administrator

Postby EagleRock » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:08 am

Sanctus Terra wrote:When buying or selling a lot of something at once (many stacks), the notification that you cant break a sign is also spammed and makes it really hard to read chat if anyone says anything in between. Think there might be away to do away with that notice in just shops?

Considering the chat window is scrollable, and considering you can't have an inventory greater than 32 stacks of something, I don't really see this as much of an issue. Compromising the security of people's shops for the convenience of not having to scroll up, in my opinion, is untenable. Simply scroll up to catch up on chat when you're done with selling your stacks of stuff.
EagleRock
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Postby Sanctus Terra » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:09 am

I meant just the notice to the user hitting the sign. Does that threaten shop security? Or is it not possible without removing protection?
Bro, u swampin?
Sanctus Terra
Veteran
Veteran

Postby EagleRock » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:01 pm

Shop protection is enforced by lwc, which is why that does that.

I really don't feel like arguing this. I took me about 90 minutes, but I converted over all of the chestshop protections to standalone. I had to purge out all of lwc global shop protections, redo some lwc configs, redo the chest shop configs, and test everything.

I haven't heavily tested the ChestShop protections, which is why I elected to use LWC. If someone manages to screw around with your shops because I disabled the LWC protections, I had better be the last person you complain to.

By the way, FWIW, I asked and nobody else even noticed the protection alert.
EagleRock
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Postby Sanctus Terra » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:23 pm

Well I didn't want to make you feel like you needed to change it, isnt that why this is a suggestion box? i was just wondering if it would be not a big deal to disable the alert (not the protection) when you are buying/selling stuff. If not just say so, I know you hate bitching which is why I chose to ask this way....

Thank you for fixing that though. I guess I should elaborate on the significance next time.
Bro, u swampin?
Sanctus Terra
Veteran
Veteran

Postby EagleRock » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:08 am

Sanctus Terra wrote:Well I didn't want to make you feel like you needed to change it, isnt that why this is a suggestion box? i was just wondering if it would be not a big deal to disable the alert (not the protection) when you are buying/selling stuff. If not just say so, I know you hate bitching which is why I chose to ask this way....

Thank you for fixing that though. I guess I should elaborate on the significance next time.

Fair enough. Yeah, I got a stronger vibe from the post. Either way, it's fixed, so enjoy!
EagleRock
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Return to Suggestion Box