The Minecraft server is hosted in my home in New Jersey and is free for everyone to use. Since the server doesn't cost me extra money to run in my home, I don't charge money to play on the server. While I do take donations to help pay for a replacement server, you never have to pay money to experience Eagleworld to the fullest!
If you are interested in seeing the hardware used to run the server, please refer to the link from my main blog here.
Take a look at the pages below to learn more about Eagleworld:
So how do I join this place?
Head on over to the New Player page to learn about how to join!
What commands can I use?
Take a look at the Server Ranks page, which details the list of commands rank-by-rank!
What if my question isn't answered here?
Head on over the the Eagleworld Minecraft Forums and post your question on the Help Desk!
Players will be expected to know follow these rules at all times. The rules are relatively common-sense and straightforward, so it shouldn't be hard to do so. You can always use the /rules command in-game to refresh your memory if needed.
- Guests do not have building rights by default. You must speak to an administrator first to gain building rights.
- All players must be 16 years of age or older (due to adult language and themes that frequent the server).
- No griefing nor hacking. This is a strict no-tolerance policy. One offense is a permaban. This includes actions such as map griefing (walking endlessly in one direction to spawn a lot of land and increase server load).
- Theft is not allowed. Do not assume items in an unprotected chest are free for the taking. If someone dies on the server, allow them a chance to retrieve their dropped items.
- Please respect everyone on the server (especially the Mods and Admins) and keep the tone of the game friendly. Additionally, respect and treat their buildings and creations in the same way you would want your own creations to be treated.
- Cursing is fucking allowed. Cursing is not frowned upon on the server, unless it is used in a hateful or a non-playful manner.
- Lastly, HAVE FUN! The server is meant for you to enjoy, so please make sure you do so!
The following policies are expected to be followed by all server users. You are not expected to memorize these, but are expected to follow them. Depending on the policy, if you do not follow it, you might be asked by a mod or an admin to revert something you did, or you might be punished.
- Player commands and abilities grow with their rank. (See the Server Ranks below)
- Rank-ups are given to players that are active on the server, act mature, and abide by the rules.
- Asking for a promotion usually ensures you do not get one.
- Users are expected to not "play admin" and question new users about the blog and rules.
- Players are given a monthly salary based on their rank. New players automatically get their monthly salary, but you need to ask for your salary every subsequent month.
- The server is NOT automatically updated each Minecraft SMP release. It will only be updated once the server has been fully tested with all mods and plugins.
Towns and Settlements:
- Eagleworld no longer uses Townymod to delegate town areas. You are free to build how you like on the server, be it alone or part of a group.
- If you wish to start a town or a personal settlement, please be mindful of other people. If you are near a large town, leave it space to grow, so everyone has a place to build their stuff!
- The server is no longer protected from monsters. Therefore, you will see all creatures and monsters in the wilderness, and will need to properly protect your area from monsters.
- Creepers and Endermen will NOT be able to do damage to your structures, but they WILL be able to hurt you!
- Players are encouraged to do all resource gathering in the wilderness, far away from towns, settlements, and other players.
- Building many random structures all over the wilderness will be largely frowned upon. Areas of the wilderness will be periodically deleted to refresh resources, and random structures will be deleted as well.
- Users will receive a monthly salary based on their rank.
- Due to the Equivalent Exchange mod, most users will be able to obtain the items they need on their own. However, the National Bank will provide methods to obtain the most important ores and resources.
- National Bank prices are no longer heavily skewed, but there will be a 10% penalty in purchase/sale price for trading with the bank.
- Every player is entitled to set up their own chest shops on the server. It is encouraged to do so in the Capitol City Marketplace, but anywhere is fine (e.g. in your own town).
- To set up a shop in the Capitol City Marketplace, ask the Head Admin to be assigned a plot.
Here's a handy-dandy list of all of the active players on Eagleworld, sorted by rank. This list only reflects players who have played on the server since migration to the new map:
Here is the list of inactive server players (servers who have not logged in since the map change):